CPDLC QUESTION

The place to discuss all third party applications working with/along JeeHell FMGS
Mato68

CPDLC QUESTION

Post by Mato68 »

Good morning....I am trying to set up CPDLC AOC with Topcat.
My flight no is LH66 and I indicated ATC center with EDDS....but I dont know if this is correct.
Does anybody know where I have to setup EDDS or is this a free choice?
After pressing notification......EDDS appears as notified and I am receiving a message at Topcat .....request logon.
But the message type is undefined and I dont know what to do than to be connected.
Send to field appears with LH66 CPDLC.
Can anybody pls kindly help me to set up this correctly?
Many thanks and happy weekend....Mato
balu69

Re: CPDLC QUESTION

Post by balu69 »

Hi Mato
I don't use this like you do.
What I found out is that if I send a message from TOPCAT via ACARS, a different account must be set up on the client. That means you have to set up two logon codes at hoppie.nl and for the network I define “None” on hoppie.nl
maybe it will still help
stephan
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Hi Stephan....many thanks for your kind and quick help.
I only understand railwaystation ...... is one code inside server.ini not enough???
I think my setup probably is 90% correct because I receive the notification inside Topcat to confirm logon....but I dont know than what to do inside Topcat to be online inside my Mcdu.
Kind wishes....Mato
balu69

Post by balu69 »

So, I turned this on in TopCat under Config - ACARS and determined the callsign myself and entered the logon code that I received at hoppie.nl.
then I downloaded and installed the ACARS ATC client on the hoppie.nl site https://www.hoppie.nl/acars/prg/atc/ and here it is important that I enter a different ATC Callsign (freely selectable) and a different logon code (set up with a second email address at hoppie.nl) under File Setup.
Only now does TopCat send to the ATC client.
Oh yes, what is very important is that you select the type “Telex” under ACARS in TopCat and not “Loadsheet” or something like that

Also, ich habe im TopCat unter Config - ACARS dies eingeschaltet und das Callsign selber bestimmt und den Logon Code, welchen ich unter hoppie.nl nach der Registrierung erhalten hab, eingegeben.
Dann habe ich den ACARS ATC Client auf der Webseite von hoppie.nl https://www.hoppie.nl/acars/prg/atc/ runtergeladen und installiert
und hier ist es wichtig, dass ich unter File - Setup ein anderes ATC Callsign (freiwählbar) und einen anderen Logon Code (mit einer zweiten Mailadresse unter hoppie.nl eingerichtet) eingebe.
Erst jetzt funktioniert der Versand von TopCat zum ATC Client.
Ach ja, was sehr wichtig ist, dass Du in TopCat unter ACARS den Type "Telex" auswählst und nicht "Loadsheet" oder "Take-off Data" oder so
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

1000 Dank....many many thanks....I ll give your instructions a try and come back.....
Ich probiere das mal und melde mich wieder.
Glg....Mato
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Hi Stephan.....still confused.
Set up Hoppie client with 2nd mail and 2nd logon code.
Callsign 6666
Topcat Callsign LH66
And MCDU Flight no DLH66.......but nothing happens.
In notification I put ATC flight no DLH66 and what do I have to put in ATC center to get a message logon to be confirmed in Topcat and where I have to send back the logon request answer?
Sorry....still confused and many thanks....Mato
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Ok...now I am connected with ACARS from Hoppie and confirmed logon inside Hoppie client.
But how can I now send a loadsheet by Telex from Topcat to my MCDU?
Thanks a lot and kind wishes
Mato
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Another question....my connection is established but Mcdu and Dcdu remains black.
Which parameters I have to change in my server.ini?
Thank you....kind wishes
Mato
balu69

Post by balu69 »

In TOPCAT under W&B on the right, go to Loadsheet at the top of ACARS.
Now you can select DLH66 under Send Message (assume that P3D and FMGS and CPDLC must be started). You can send the message under Type Telex and with send at the top left.
This works perfectly for me and my software. I don't know your software that well. What is certain is that you define the server.ini. It's best to watch the tutorial https://www.dalpi.de
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Thank you very much.
Setup now is ok....but Topcat is on my network pc.
When I try to send my loadsheet to DLH66....it hangs.
WideFS is on.
Same problems with FlightManager and FMHelper also on network pc.
Many thanks again and happy sunday
Mato
balu69

Post by balu69 »

sounds good anyway.
Since messages are sent via the Hoppie server and not via WideFS, I think your network PC has a problem
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Hi Stefan...thanks again.
What I dont understand is.....I logon to Hoppie server and confirm logon....so far so good.
But I always receive an UNDEFINED logon message too inside Topcac.
This message must also be a Telex....or????
Sorry for all my questions but I tried the whole day to send a loadsheet to my Mcdu....network and sharings are ok in my opinion.
I also followed the videos but Mcdu stays black.....Dcdu shows connection.
Kind wishes to all....Mato
balu69

Post by balu69 »

If you register at http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/register.html you will receive a logon code. This code is important because it is the authorization key for the Hoppie server. You enter this registration code into TopCat.
Did you set Network Affiliation to "None" at http://www.hoppie.nl/acars/system/account.html?
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Good morning and many thanks....no...I did not...because I dont know what it is.....sorry
Kind wishes....Mato and hsve a good day
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Ok....got it...to none...this I did not know
Many thanks...now I will work on this again.
Kind wishes....Mato
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Hi Stephan....this was my mistake.
It is working now.
Loadsheet received.
Now I will study AOC and the videos.
Many many thanks for your very kind support and your patience.
Have a good day....Mato