Barrykensett

Re: Stall at ILS

Post by Barrykensett »

I am using Active Sky for P3D v6.
Barry
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

also using last version of FMGS and Active Sky.
No such issues with p3dv5.4
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

With DLL.xml in two places, both with FMGS Simpatcher routine and after some fiddling with various sleep times it is all working again.
I don’t understand why it was working until I loaded Active Sky, presumably Simpatcher was correctly installed by default before.
Could executing the Active Sky exec file really have deleted the Simpatcher routine? I wouldn’t have thought so.
I really don’t understand this stuff. Will it keep working? I hope do as I have come visitors booked.
Barry
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

UNder P3D V4, V5 and V6 you should have an addon xml file in your folder
C:\Users\Your_User\Documents\Prepar3D vX Add-ons folder (adapt You_User and P3D vX folders of course)
That file should tell P3D where to look for the simpatcher location.

Some addons interfere with the proper functionning of Simpatcher. This happens in the first minutes after P3D launch.
To work around that issue, you can set a timed delay before the simpatcher starts working to do it's magic. The delay can be changed in the file
C:\A320FMGS\SimPatch\simpatchConfig.ini (adapt to your install folder of course)
Change the sleepTime variable, I use 180000 (that is in milliseconds, so 3 minutes here). You can go a bit higher to 4 minutes I suppose, only limitation is you should not try to fly before this delay is passed, otherwise you may stall... but you can start preparing the flight normally.
Regards,
Jean Luc
Barrykensett

Post by Barrykensett »

Jean Luc
It is these bits of information that help us non computer experts to understand what is going on.I can see that possibly adding Active Sky did disturb the functioning of Simpatcher. Also as I did not understand what sleeptime did. I may have unknowingly shut down P3D too soon when Simpatcher was not shown, I should have waited.
Pleased that I am flying reliably again but still some challenges; I hope that I can use my large Orbx library before long.
Best wishes for the New Year.
Barry