Setup Problem with Skalarki Profiler (Software related)

Ask here for software oriented support
D-AINR

Setup Problem with Skalarki Profiler (Software related)

Post by D-AINR »

I'm afraid I can't see the forest for the trees right now, but I'm having a problem setting up skalaki hardware and P3D v6 together with JeeHell. Maybe someone has a little tip for me:

Main PC:
P3D, Jeehell with (FMGS Server, EGPWS logic, Sound module, FSUIPC support, SKALARKI I/O) and FSUIPC v6 registered version

Pedestal PC:
Jeehell with (SD, EWD, STBY Horizon, DDRMI, MCDU Captain Side, FSUIPC Support, SKALARKI I/O) and skalarki profiler

The displays of the "Pedestal PC" show the expected content and are active. The "Hardware Window" on the "Main PC" shows the loaded skalarki.dll and 1 connected client. Unfortunately, none of the pedestal devices show any reaction. Key presses are also not transmitted to the simulator.
The Skalarki Profiler shows:
Simulation = Not Connected
SIM Interface = Not Connected
Selected Aircraft = JLFMGS A320
Aircraft Interface = connected

Does anyone have an idea what I might have forgotten?
P3D v6, FMGS B61.3.9
several computrs at the sim: SIM-PC AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 64GB, GEFORCE 4060Ti; FMGS-PC Intel i7-4770, 32 GB, GFORCE GTX 860; and some i3 pc's for PFD & ND
balu69

Re: Setup Problem with Skalarki Profiler (Software related)

Post by balu69 »

Hi
Have you the "P3D V6.0" and "Master P3D PC" installed?
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
kholt

Post by kholt »

I also have Skalarki hardware, but unlike your setup everything is installed on a single PC. I don’t know how a multiple PC setup is supposed to work. Do you have to configure the profiler with the IP address of the PC running the simulator?
D-AINR

Post by D-AINR »

balu69 wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:58 pm Hi
Have you the "P3D V6.0" and "Master P3D PC" installed?
Hi Stephan,
yes of course "Master P3D PC" & P3D V6.0" is tagged on the "Main PC"

regards
Robert
P3D v6, FMGS B61.3.9
several computrs at the sim: SIM-PC AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 64GB, GEFORCE 4060Ti; FMGS-PC Intel i7-4770, 32 GB, GFORCE GTX 860; and some i3 pc's for PFD & ND
D-AINR

Post by D-AINR »

kholt wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 am I also have Skalarki hardware, but unlike your setup everything is installed on a single PC. I don’t know how a multiple PC setup is supposed to work. Do you have to configure the profiler with the IP address of the PC running the simulator?
Hi,
this is a good question...
Following my logic (and the manual at the Skalarki site) the Skalarki Profiler has to point to the Main PC in my case. In general I would suggest the IP of the system where the Jeehell FMGS is running on. But not really sure...
P3D v6, FMGS B61.3.9
balu69

Post by balu69 »

I also think that you have to enter the IP address of the FMGS server in the Pedestal PC profiler.
I assume that you have connected your skalakri hardware to both the main and pedestal PC. I also assume that the profiler is running on both devices.
Does the hardware not work on both PCs?
What I also do is not start the skalarki profiler until the P3D and Jeehell are fully started (using SimStarter)
I also connected my skalarki hardware to the main PC and no problems.
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
D-AINR

Post by D-AINR »

balu69 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:19 am I also think that you have to enter the IP address of the FMGS server in the Pedestal PC profiler.
I assume that you have connected your skalakri hardware to both the main and pedestal PC. I also assume that the profiler is running on both devices.
Does the hardware not work on both PCs?
What I also do is not start the skalarki profiler until the P3D and Jeehell are fully started (using SimStarter)
I also connected my skalarki hardware to the main PC and no problems.
Hi Stephan,

a single PC setup is not problem at all.
This is my first attempt to come closer to my final setup - that means less software as possible on the P3D system. This Sim-system should at the end just drive the simulation software, the outside visuals and the needed stuff to get connected to the other systems. Even FMGS I would like to move on another system.
But this the next step.

Now the sim (main) PC is the FMGS system too. Communication with other JeeHell systems for displays and/or software panels are working perfect.
Just the Skalarki integration doesn't work at the moment.
P3D v6, FMGS B61.3.9
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

can you try running Profiler on the same pc as FMGS server?

This works fine for me. I have both running on a dedicated JL server pc, separate from the P3D pc.
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
D-AINR

Post by D-AINR »

michael1508 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:42 am can you try running Profiler on the same pc as FMGS server?

This works fine for me. I have both running on a dedicated JL server pc, separate from the P3D pc.
Hi Michael,

just to be sure: Profiler on the Main PC even there is no Skalarki hardware connected?
Questions regarding your setup:
- Do you have FSUIPC & Widescreen aktivated on the Main PC?
- Do you have any WideFS Client on the slave PC's? When how and where are the config files?
- All Profiler istallations are pointing to the Main PC?

regards
Robert
P3D v6, FMGS B61.3.9
snooky_g

Post by snooky_g »

Do you have "WideClient" installed on the FMGS PC? It must point to the Main PC, see WideClient.ini file. Also you need to have FSUIPC Support installed on the FMGS PC. Next you need to check, if Simconnect is correct configured on the FMGS PC, pointing to the Main PC (Simconect.cfg) and if it is in the correct folder. Then check, if your sinmconnect.xml file (!) is correctly set on your Main (!) PC. And last, I assume, that your Main PC is correctly setup with FSUIPC itself?
D-AINR

Post by D-AINR »

Hi Michael & snooky_g,

both of your comments pointed me to the right direction.
@Michael: First of all, Skalarki Profiler seems to be required just on systems with connected Sklarki hardware. But - thinking about your idea leads me to check my profiler setup on the Pedestal PC. And I have found that the wrong aircraft model was choosen here. Sometimes at least part of the problem sits in front of the computer!

After solving that there was still no progress until I've started WideClient.exe on the Pedestal PC. After that the Hardware connect log on the main PC startet to log telegramms and the whole pedestal was livinig. I've checked almost all devices and it looks fine - at least the Thrust Levers are still dead, but this might be solved once I've figured out a sensfull starting order of all software parts.

snooky_g: On the FGMS PC FSUIPC (v6) & WideFS is installed as a licenced version. Starting WideClient on the Pedestal PC ended up in a strange error message, but there was the aircraft model wrong - see above.
You mentioned simmconnect? To be honest - I didn't touch anything until now - no install, and of course then no configuration. There is not that much documentation around, but I will see...

So far guys. This issue seems to be fixed and I just thank you for all your hints!

regards
Robert
P3D v6, FMGS B61.3.9
snooky_g

Post by snooky_g »

Hi Robert, only for clarification:
You only need the full version of FSUIPC in the Main PC, in your case on the P3D Computer, but you must enable WideFS within FSUIPC.
(See FSUIPC options and settings within FSUIPC, there is a button).

On the Client, or better the FMGS PC, you only need WideClient instelled, not the full install of FSUIPC. Simply create a seperate folder for it.
And then "WideClient.exe" must be configured to point your P3D PC. For this, check the "WideClient.ini" file. The IP Adress and the Port given here
must be the same, like your "P3D.PC".

Finally you need to have the "Simconnect.cfg" correct configured pointing to your P3D PC.
The file itself needs to be in the "C:\Users\**yornamehere**\Documents", If you don´t find the file there,
you must create one by yourself. Examples given in the P3D-SDK.

On the P3D Computer, you need to setup "simconnect.xml" file correct. This file have to be in the folder
"C:\Users\**yornamehere**\AppData\Roaming\LookheedMartin\Prepar3Dv6". The file must point to your P3D Computer itself and the ports
must be the same. Examples for this also given in P3D-SDK,

For the FMGS Server:
Make sure, you have WideFMGS enabled. Then you´ll find the widefmgs.Ini. Check here, if it is pointing to your P3D Computer.

For the (Skalarki-) Profiler:
Here you need to point to the Computer, where the FMGS Server is instelled. The IP Adress must match the FMGS servers Adress.

I hope, I could help you with that,
Regards, Stefan
D-AINR

Post by D-AINR »

Hello Stephan,
Thanks for your many tips, but when it comes to Simconnect I don't think you're quite on the right track.
According to my information - and many tests in the past - I only need Simconnect if I run the FMGS server on a machine other than the simulator (P3D). That's not the case for me (at least until now) and today all devices on the slave PC communicate with the main PC - without Simconnect, only with FSUIPC and WideFS or WideClient and "Remote Joy Sticks" for the Lever Axises.
The only thing I'm currently failing at is the Thrust Lever for Engine 2, which just doesn't want to play. But I'll make a separate post about that.

regards
Robert
P3D v6, FMGS B61.3.9
snooky_g

Post by snooky_g »

I was not aware, that you are running FMGS_Server on your P3D-PC, I was thinking, you are running FMGS_Server on separate PC. In this case you are right, that you don´t need simconnect correctly configured, you only need FSUIPC´s "WideClient.exe" correctly configured for running with Sakalarki Profiler.