Flight Manager

The place to discuss all third party applications working with/along JeeHell FMGS
bbruechmann

Re: Flight Manager

Post by bbruechmann »

Metall4You wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:28 pm Hello

Welcome to the Forum. i am the developer of FlightManager. adjusted the changes. please let me know if you have any questions, thank you

Greetings Ramon
Hello and a very warm welcome to this forum, Ramon. As you can see, your tool is getting famous here and i love it. Could you have a look at the Trip Fuel figure please. In fact your tool takes the Take Off fuel including alternate, final reserve and extra fuel. But it would be better if it takes the Trip fuel only at that coloum and passes it to the trip fuel figure of TopCat.
Screenshot 2023-02-21 225957.jpg
Here is the fuel data of the Flightplan where i have marked the figure that needs to be passed to Topcat as Trip Fuel
Screenshot 2023-02-21 232115.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Thank you for making Flight Manager available to download via this forum (and for all the efforts developing it). Much appreciated.
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
Metall4You

Post by Metall4You »

Hello Bernd

Is it so correct?

kind regards

Ramon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Metall4You wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:26 pm Is it so correct?
Yeah! It is indeed. Thank you very much Ramon. We really appreciate your kind work.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Welcome to the Forum. i am the developer of FlightManager. adjusted the changes. please let me know if you have any questions, thank you

Greetings Ramon
Hello Roman
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the ingenious tool and the adjustments.
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
pe_martin

Post by pe_martin »

Greetings Ramon
Hello Ramon!
Nice to have you here at the forum!
I am glad to have such a great conatact to the developer of this great tool!
Best regards
peter
----------------------------------------------
D-AIPB
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

Greetings Ramon
Welcome Ramon!
I am publishing a little tool for your "Flight Manager" soon. You are welcome to integrate this into your "Flight Manager" - I even can share the code.
https://aviation.pero-online.de/wordpre ... fm-helper/
Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:20 am I am publishing a little tool for your "Flight Manager" soon.
Hi Peter, i´am wondering about, what you mention at your tool site

Ohne FM-Helper = Suchen des OFP als PDF und öffnender Datei

If i start Flightmanager, it looks automaticly for the latest Flightplan on SimBrief and imports the data from it without any further action required. Now with the newest build from Ramon, even if Topcat is still running, it restarts Topcat automaticly and passes the new data, what was implemented by your request.
Regards
Bernd

Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

bbruechmann wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:16 am
Capt. PERO wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:20 am I am publishing a little tool for your "Flight Manager" soon.
Hi Peter, i´am wondering about, what you mention at your tool site

Ohne FM-Helper = Suchen des OFP als PDF und öffnender Datei

If i start Flightmanager, it looks automaticly for the latest Flightplan on SimBrief and imports the data from it without any further action required. Now with the newest build from Ramon, even if Topcat is still running, it restarts Topcat automaticly and passes the new data, what was implemented by your request.
Is the FlightManager continuously polling the server for new data? My understanding was that it loads new data when opened and automatically send it to TOPCAT then.

In my workflow (I run it on the CPT Tablet) I have to open the OFP in PDF format. But it would be great to integrate (my hours work) into this great piece of software. If not, I will run it in parallel. From my POV there are soooo may clicks to do before starting a flight that I try to automate everything I can. :-)
Peter

balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Peter
I also open the OFP as a PDF and yes, if this happens automatically, that would be great :D
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

Capt. PERO wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:33 am From my POV there are soooo may clicks to do before starting a flight that I try to automate everything I can. :-)
Yeah, Peter and @balu69, i do understand absolutely and i have noticed already that you love automation, which is a good thing at all, because it served us those lovely "must have" tools ExtPWR and CorteM where i can´t even imagine how i could live without them. :D

FM is not polling the Data from Simbrief constantly. But what it does, yes, it polls the data automatic at startup, but if you leave FM open you can create a new FP on Simbrief and just click on the button on the down left of FM, which then polls the data of the latest created FP from SimBrief. With the new feature requested by you, now, if you click on the button in FM for the TopCat transfer, FM closes and restart Topcat if it´s still running by automatic and transfers the new FP W&B data. For me this works great.

Different by me is, that i never ever use a FP as a PDF. With new GUI of SimBrief it´s even better to keep the Briefing page open in SimBrief on my tablet and just use the "Brefing Preview" only. This way i can monitor the Weather chart od SimBrief inflight and have everything "by hand" in case off.

As i was used to the former workflow with PFPX, like you, Create FP in PFPX->Export to TopCat->Export via CorteManager into Jeehell and P3D i have a similar WF now again: Create a FP in SimBrief->the SB-Download manager download the new FP by automatic in the background into P3D and CorteM as it was before with PFPX -> Import FP data from Simbrief in FM and send them to TopCat. That´s all and i have all data everywhere i need them, the Route in Jeehell, the W&B in TopCat, the Flightplan in Navigraph-Charts and EFB 2 and the FP in P3D and AktiveSky.

With the new capability of Navigraph for me, that the TopCat Database gets updated, which wasn´t the case with the Aerosoft data i had before, it makes even more fun to manually fill the INIT-B page by using the W&B sheet from TC, as this is the case in reallife. I don´t use the uplink function of Jeehell anymore, because it´s comfortable but unrealistic. In reallife, even the FP-route is manually filled in most cases.
Regards
Bernd

balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hello Bernd

Thank you for the detailed information.

I wasn't (any longer) aware that the OFP was visible in the SimBrief. Thanks.

I still have two questions and I'm not sure if I translated this correctly:
- you can use the SimBriefDownloader to load the flight plan directly into the CorteManager
- How do you fill the INIT-B page based on TC's W&B page? Don't you need the OFP in the SimBrief for that

Hallo Bernd

Vielen Dank für die ausführliche Info.

Dass der OFP im SimBrief sichtbar ist, war mir gar nicht (mehr) bewusst. Danke.

Zwei Fragen habe ich noch und bin nicht sicher, ob ich dies richtig übersetzt hab:
- kannst Du mit dem SimBriefDownloader den Flugplan direkt in den CorteManager laden
- Wie befüllst Du die INIT-B Page aufgrund des W&B Page von TC? Brauchst du dazu nicht den OFP im SimBrief
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

balu69 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:42 pm - you can use the SimBriefDownloader to load the flight plan directly into the CorteManager
Yes, i use the FS commander flight plan format into a temp folder which is monitored by Cortemanager that polls the data automatic from there and write it to the corte.xml of Jeehell.
balu69 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 9:42 pm - How do you fill the INIT-B page based on TC's W&B page? Don't you need the OFP in the SimBrief for that
Yes, of course. i have the SimBrief Briefing preview opened on my tablet for the fuel balance and the Loadsheet open on my EFB PC for the W&B data (ZFW and CG)
Regards
Bernd

balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Bernd
Learned something about the Cortemanager again.
Thanks
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

For me the parameter "Simbrief" makes the most sense, so that the current Simbrief flight plan is automatically written into the corte.xml.
Running this with the SimStarter NG when starting the P3D simplifies everything a bit more.
Many roads lead to Rome :D

Für mich macht der Parameter "Simbrief" am meisten Sinn, so dass der aktuelle Simbrief-Flugplan automatisch in die corte.xml einschrieben wird.
Dies mit dem SimStarter NG beim starten des P3D ausgeführt vereinfacht alles noch ein bischen mehr.
Es führen viele Wege nach Rom
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
Capt. PERO

pero | FM-Helper released!

Post by Capt. PERO »

Peter

Metall4You

Post by Metall4You »

Hello

I have updated the FlightManager to Version 1.7. The problem with the alternate should be solved.

Kind Regards

Ramon
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

Metall4You wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:49 am I have updated the FlightManager to Version 1.7. The problem with the alternate should be solved.
Confirmed fixed. Great way to solve it!
Screenshot 2023-03-11 095440.png
Peter

bitrip

Post by bitrip »

Dear Ramon (@Metall4You)

I have a weird problem since one of the first versions of this program.
I finally found this forum as I couldn't get in contact with you on Prosim.ag because I don't have access.

The problem is as follows:

I've set my pax weight in SImbrief to 86 Kgs as well in the settings of TopCat. When I open Flight Manager it shows perfectly the amount of pax with 86kgs and total weight, so far all fine.
Buit when i press SEND to import it into TopCat then it shows 84KG per passenger and so the total weight is not same as in Flight Manager or Simbrief.
I have to set it manually to 86 in the settings of TopCat in order to have the exact weight but the next time I press send it changes back to 84.

I think this is a bug but maybe I'm wrong. Can you have a look at it?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good work! :)

P.S. This screenshot was made a while back with version 1.2 but I still have this problem with the current 1.7 version.
FM102.png
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

bitrip wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:15 pm [...]
I've set my pax weight in SImbrief to 86 Kgs as well in the settings of TopCat. When I open Flight Manager it shows perfectly the amount of pax with 86kgs and total weight, so far all fine.
[...]
It looks like Flight Manager takes the weight from "Charter" so I've set "Passenger Weight" in SimBrief to 76 kg which works fine for me.

Screenshot 2023-03-11 202921.png
Peter

bitrip

Post by bitrip »

Capt. PERO wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:31 pm
It looks like Flight Manager takes the weight from "Charter" so I've set "Passenger Weight" in SimBrief to 76 kg which works fine for me.
Not really, as shown in my screenshot it's the "scheduled" value that is put to 84 by FM while it was set to 86.
And FM itself shows 86 but for some reason it sends 84 to TopCat.
balu69

Post by balu69 »

As I understand it, the FlightManager only gives TOPCAT the number of passengers and not the weights.
FlightManager does not differentiate between charter or scheduled, it only transfers the number of passengers to TOPCAT
Therefore, the same weights per passenger and baggage should be stored in the TOPCAT as in the SIMBRIEF, otherwise the calculations will be wrong.

So wie ich dies verstehe, gibt der FlightManager nur die Anzahl Passagiere an TOPCAT und nicht die Gewichte.
FlightManager unterscheidet nicht nach Charter oder Scheduled, er übergibt nur die Anzahl Passagiere an TOPCAT
Deshalb sollte im TOPCAT die gleichen Gewichte je Passagier und Gepäck wie im SIMBRIEF hinterlegt sein, sonst sind die Berechnungen falsch.
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

what I used to have, where I also entered such high weights per passenger and baggage (84/25kg) that SIMBRIEF sometimes adjusted the PayLoad strangely. Since I entered 76/11kg in SIMBRIEF and TOPCAT, this is no longer a problem

was ich früher hatte, wo ich auch so hohe Gewichte je Passagier und Gepäck eingegeben hab (84/25kg) , dass SIMBRIEF manchmal die PayLoad seltsam angepasst hat. Seit ich im SIMBRIEF und TOPCAT 76/11kg eingegeben hab, ist dies kein Problem mehr
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

[quote=bitrip post_id=538 time=1678564097 user_id=182

Not really, as shown in my screenshot it's the "scheduled" value that is put to 84 by FM while it was set to 86.
And FM itself shows 86 but for some reason it sends 84 to TopCat.
[/quote]

hi I have the same issue. It seems it is an issue of top cat, because even if i change the pax weights in the topcatdatabase and save them. The next time i start topcat again, the former values are shown agsin, without my changes. No matter if i use flightmanager or not.
Regards
Bernd

Metall4You

Post by Metall4You »

Hello Stefan

Now in the Version 1.8 you can select the Type of Flight for Baggage. Primary and Secondary Alternates can be use now for TopCat...

Can you check this version, thanks

Kind Regards

Ramon