Engine start up sound (BSS)

Ask here for software oriented support
michael1508

Engine start up sound (BSS)

Post by michael1508 »

Hi guys

I am using the Aerosoft version for the A320 CFM sound pack from BSS (Blue Sky Star).
After ~20 seconds during engine start up (so that's approx at 20% N2), there is a sudden drop of the engine sound for about a second and then it continues to run up.

You can watch and listen to the engine start up here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvg9tg8rbdkhk ... 5.MOV?dl=0

Anyone else using BSS with an idea?

Thanks,
Michael
Last edited by michael1508 on Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
balu69

Re: Engine start up sound

Post by balu69 »

Hi Michael
I can confirm this interruption.
What I found is that the interruption is only audible in the cockpit. In the exterior view, the engines start normally.
I also have the IAE version of BSS and it's exactly the same with the A320-233
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

What I found out is that in line 496 of sound.cfg, point [2] calls up the wave file "1.wav" when the engine starts. And this is exactly 19 seconds. long. Then it probably goes to the 2nd wav and there is a break in between. Maybe someone knows how to remove this pause. Or maybe the 1.wav can be extended by two to three seconds
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

So, I have the file 1.wav with Audacity on 24sec. extended. Back up the original file first. Then opened in Audacity. Then select everything with CTRL + A and change the length to 24 seconds under Effect - Tempo extended. Saved this as 1.wav and copied it to the sound folder.
Thanks Michael for the input, because this has been bothering me for a long time!

Also, ich habe mit Audacity die Datei 1.wav auf 24Sek. verlängert. Zuerst die Originaldatei sichern. Anschliessend im Audacity geöffnet. Dann mit CTRL + A alles ausgewählt und unter Effect - Tempo ändern die Länge auf 24sek. verlängert. Dies als 1.wav gespeichert und in den Soundordner kopiert.
Danke Michael für den Input, denn dies hat mich schon lange gestört!
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

hi Stephan,

Fantastic, that you found a way to fix that!

I just PM'ed you.
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080