Flight Manager

The place to discuss all third party applications working with/along JeeHell FMGS
bitrip

Re: Flight Manager

Post by bitrip »

balu69 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:09 pm As I understand it, the FlightManager only gives TOPCAT the number of passengers and not the weights.
FlightManager does not differentiate between charter or scheduled, it only transfers the number of passengers to TOPCAT
Therefore, the same weights per passenger and baggage should be stored in the TOPCAT as in the SIMBRIEF, otherwise the calculations will be wrong.

So wie ich dies verstehe, gibt der FlightManager nur die Anzahl Passagiere an TOPCAT und nicht die Gewichte.
FlightManager unterscheidet nicht nach Charter oder Scheduled, er übergibt nur die Anzahl Passagiere an TOPCAT
Deshalb sollte im TOPCAT die gleichen Gewichte je Passagier und Gepäck wie im SIMBRIEF hinterlegt sein, sonst sind die Berechnungen falsch.
Maybe you're right but at least it changes my passenger weight in TOPCAT every time from 86 to 84 when I've imported values from FM.
So as you said the weights per passenger are equal in TOPCAT and SIMBRIEF but not anymore after run FM.
bitrip

Post by bitrip »

bbruechmann wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:07 pm hi I have the same issue. It seems it is an issue of top cat, because even if i change the pax weights in the topcatdatabase and save them. The next time i start topcat again, the former values are shown agsin, without my changes. No matter if i use flightmanager or not.
That is not the case here. If I set my Adult weight in TOPCAT to 86 kg, close it and re-run TOPCAT then it's still 86kg.
So it's doing it only when using FM here.

[EDIT]
Just did another test (with v1.8 with scheduled setting) by making passenger weight 82 in SIMBRIEF and TOPCAT.
Then created new flight, opened FM (and shows 82kgs) then send to TOPCAT and even then it is changing it to 84. :?
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hello Roman
Thank you for the latest version and your commitment.
For me, this function is not that important. Because for me it is enough if the FlightManager imports the number of passengers and the cargo weight into TOPCAT. And this works perfectly for me.
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

[EDIT]
Just did another test (with v1.8 with scheduled setting) by making passenger weight 82 in SIMBRIEF and TOPCAT.
Then created new flight, opened FM (and shows 82kgs) then send to TOPCAT and even then it is changing it to 84. :?
[/quote]

Hello bitrip
And what happens if you enter the same weight in TOPCAT under Config - Passenger and Baggage Weights in both the Scheduled and Charter columns?
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

[/quote]

hi I have the same issue. It seems it is an issue of top cat, because even if i change the pax weights in the topcatdatabase and save them. The next time i start topcat again, the former values are shown agsin, without my changes. No matter if i use flightmanager or not.
[/quote]

Hi Bernd
do you start and close TOPCAT with SimStarterNG?
I also had this problem, because SimStarterNG probably just closed TOPCAT and the values were not saved. If I open TOPCAT normally, adjust the values and close them again, they will continue to be adjusted the next time I start it
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
Metall4You

Post by Metall4You »

Hello

the data is only saved in topcat if you close it with the Quit button. The data is saved with the Form-Close event.

Ramon
Capt. PERO

Post by Capt. PERO »

balu69 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:29 pm [...]
I also had this problem, because SimStarterNG probably just closed TOPCAT and the values were not saved. If I open TOPCAT normally, adjust the values and close them again, they will continue to be adjusted the next time I start it
You can either select "kill" or "close" in SIMstarter NG P3D. Kill will not call the "Form-Close" event.
Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder
u_turn

Post by u_turn »

Hi Roman,

just downloaded and installed your FlightManager V1.8 (for the first time). After I typed in my SimBrief Username, Flight Manager loads the correct SimBrief Route and the correct Aircraft data. All other data fields stay empty and the message appears "Can not convert Object to String".

After pressing OK a new message appears saying "Ungültige Konvertierung von der Zeichenfolge in Typ Integer."

Any idea what is going wrong? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards
René

Just fixed!!!!! When building a Flightplan it is mandatory to fill in the box AIRLINE at FLIGHT INFO. When empty the Flight Manager can't read the Simbrief flightplan file. For generating a flightplan it doesn't seem obligatory.
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

Hi all,

I also just tried to work with the Flight Manager (v1.5).

It asked for my Simbrief username - so I entered my real name, but it was rejected. I then read, I should enter the simbrief USer ID. So what is correct? And how can I change my current entry? When I click on settings / username , nothing happens.

Thanks,
Michael
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
u_turn

Post by u_turn »

There is no ID to fill in. Just take the Alias (Username) you can find in Simbrief Account Settings / Your Navigraph Account right to "Your E-mail address".
Greatings
René
Metall4You

Post by Metall4You »

Hello

I have updated the Version 1.8. you can now select whether the baggage data should be sent to topcat and check whether the
data from Simbrief and topcat are the same.

Kind regards

Ramon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Since today I cannot use the Flight Manager 1.8. I assume it's because of the simbrief changes?
Does anyone else have this problem?
Flight_Manager.PNG
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
balu69

Post by balu69 »

hello dieter
this sounds familiar to me. something is wrong with the planned route in the SimBrief (more). Possibly the wrong aircraft or the route is no longer up-to-date. As I remember it, I simply created a new flight plan and the import worked again.

hallo dieter
dies kommt mir bekannt vor. irgendwas mit der geplanten Route im SimBrief stimmt nicht (mehr). Evtl. ein falsches Flugzeug oder die Route ist nicht mehr aktuell. So wie ich es in Erinnerung hab, habe ich einfach eine neuen Flugplan erstellt und der Import hat wieder geklappt.
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
balu69

Post by balu69 »

ok, just tested it. The error indicates that you did not enter an airline and flight number.

okay, habe es kurz getestet. Der Fehler deutet darauf hin, dass Du im SimBrief keine Airline und Flugnummer eingegeben hast.
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Thanks Stephan,

I know, the error is in front of the computer :-)
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
bitrip

Post by bitrip »

v1.8 is still latest?
Mato68

Post by Mato68 »

Error 400 over network
Topcat is installed also on 2nd PC
FM helper remains blank

Can anybody of the cracks pls kindly help????

Simbrief flightplan was made before

Kind wishes....Mato