Steering after bumpy landing

Ask here for software oriented support
michael1508

Steering after bumpy landing

Post by michael1508 »

Is it normal, that after a bumpy landing the plane is difficult to steer?

I had some crosswinds today and did my landing was anything else but soft :-)
After that it was not possible to taxi straight forward - it always moved to the side.

Is this due to damage I caused to the wheels? Can I deselect that option in P3D or FMGS?

Thanks,
Michael
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
bbruechmann

Re: Steering after bumpy landing

Post by bbruechmann »

michael1508 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:05 pm Is this due to damage I caused to the wheels? Can I deselect that option in P3D or FMGS?
Hi Micha,

it could be, you have overshoot the Impact Damage Threshold. This is in the aicraft.cfg at the section "contactpoints" the fifth coloum is set to 800 for point.0 which is the nose wheel. The 800 means the max vertical speed limit of 800 ft/min. not to exceed to prevent damage. But i can´t say for sure, if this really works or if this was the cause in your case actually.

There are also the realism settings in P3D "Ignore/detect damage" and "Vehicle stress causes damage" where you can check if one of those are active. It´s highly recommended to switch off the crashdetection, otherwise you will get frustrated very quickly. The vehicle stress damage is an option to let it active to add effects like you had. It´s a question of personal taste.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
michael1508

Re: Steering after bumpy landing

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for sharing more light on the aircraft.cfg settings.

I've had the P3D settings already in mind, as both of them are activated so far. As real as it gets ;-)

Just wanted to make sure, the plane's behaviour is a consequence of my poor flying and not a software issue ;-)

Thanks
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080