THR Lever and Pitch 0.5DN

Ask here for software oriented support
dkreiskott

THR Lever and Pitch 0.5DN

Post by dkreiskott »

I'll come back to this problem again.
I use the Skalarki Thrust Lever, but obviously others here have the same problem with other hardware.

I wrote to Skalarki about this and received the statement that there must be a "bug" in the Jeehell software.

Nevertheless, I checked everything possible.
I have saved a new flight as a standard flight. I deleted all keyboard shortcuts or Buttons in the P3D that could have an impact.
I checked the calibration and zeroing with the Skalarki Profiler.

It doesn't matter what I try, I've had this problem since B57. I run my home cockpit with four PCs. When all PCs have started the FMGS server is automatically loaded first and then the remaining clients with the necessary Jeehell software.
The Skalarki Profiler is loaded on all computers at the very end. I do this so that all values read by the profiler also correspond to the switch positions in Cold & Dark mode.

If the Profiler is started on the PC to which the Thrust Lever is connected, it automatically goes to 0.5DN for me. If I exit the profiler again, it goes back to zero. So I can repeat that over and over again.

I can't decide if the problem is with the scalarki or with the Jeehell software. However, this ping pong between two programmers is not pretty.

What I can definitely say is that I didn't have this problem until version 57.
There is also no malfunction to be found on the thrust lever itself.

I would be interested to know whether others with the Skalarki Thrust Lever have this problem or not.
Thanks.
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
michael1508

Re: THR Lever and Pitch 0.5DN

Post by michael1508 »

Hi Dieter,

I am on B57 but don't have this issue.

I have the Profiler only installed on the FMGS Server machine
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

I am using B58.0.2 and have the Skalarki throttle quadrant. I use multiple PCs but the Profiler is only running on the P3D/FMGS Server computer as all my hardware is connected there. No issue for me either.
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Thierry,
hi Michael,

I'm using the latest profiler from skalari, you too?
I have no more idea what can cause this effect. I've already done what seemed logical to me
Regards
Dieter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

dkreiskott wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:44 am
The Skalarki Profiler is loaded on all computers at the very end. I do this so that all values read by the profiler also correspond to the switch positions in Cold & Dark mode.
Hello Dieter, especially this sentence from you above concerns me. I can be wrong, but i think the architecture of the Profiler/Jeehell setup is meant for having only one profiler in the whole setup running. The Profiler is meant to be running in that PC where most of the Hardware controllers are connected to and where the FMGS-Server can be found.
In my setup i have 3 PC: No 1 for the Simulator or imagegenerator.
No. 2 as the FMGS-PC where, the FMGS-Server does it´s job on an the Profiler is running on it. All Hardware controllers are including all Skalarki USB devices are connected to that PC.
No. 3 is the CRT-PC only on which all Systemdisplays like PFD/ND etc. are running on.

I can´t see any benefit from having the Profiler run on more PC´s within the FMGS-group.

That would not mean, that you issue is based on that setting, but it make it much more difficult to find the culprit. Good news is, that this issue has been reported by others in the past too. Though even on that you are not alone.
I´ve had this issue myself too a while ago, an i´am sure it has nothing to do with Jeehell. Try the following:

1. Start everything as usual until you are at the Gate in Cold & Dark and ignore the 0.5 down.
2. turn the pitchwheel back to ZERO.
3. Save the Situtation in P3D as a new Scenario.
4. set all the other Cockpit Hardware in the Cold & Dark mode as Jeehell FMGS is exspecting. (at last point disconnect the Groundpower and switch off the Batteries.
5. Save this Situation again in P3D.
6. Shutdown FMGS first, then the profiler and at last point P3D.
7. Start P3D with the new saved situation.
8. start Jeehell FMGS and wait until everything needed shows "connected" on the FMGS-Server app.
9. Start Skalarki Profiler.

A while ago, a new feature was integrated into the Skalarki Profiler, which made the Profiler capable, to read out the actual state of the Hardware, which should be used to syncronize Jeehell-FMGS with the Hardware state. But this feature mess up from time to time or is buggy still. Since this feature exists some weird beahavior can be seen from time to time.
i. ex. I have the issue actually, that the landings lights are allways on after FMGS startup and i have to switch the LL-switches to on and off to get it right.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

You should be able to have several profilers if your PC can't handle the number of USBs.
Though they should all connect to a single instance of hardware connect which should idealy on FMGS server PC or eventually on the PC where you have most of the hardware.
But you should refrain from having multiple hardware connect, and ideally it would be a single PC with all skalarki hardware.
Regards,
Jean Luc
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hello Bernd,

thanks for your reply.
First off, I'll test your suggestion.
But what I can say with certainty is that the profiler can run on multiple computers. I've been using this setup for more than 11 years without any problem. It's definitely not because of that.

I can pinpoint the problem to the machine who TQ is connected.
What happens there is what I described earlier. And I've only had this problem for a while.

I wouldn't say it's the Jeehell software either. What surprises me is that other users with different hardware have reported the same problem.
That would theoretically rule out the Profiler.

The Profiler function you describe is new to me, I didn't know anything about it until now.

The problem with the landing lights, if I understand you correctly, would mean that after you turn on ext power in the ECAM, the message about landing lights is also displayed?

If that's the case, then take a look at the article on the overhead problem, I've described a few things there. Among other things, why the Nose Light lights up immediately in Cold & Dark Mode.

This is a problem with the wiring of the switch. I suspect that there was a change in the profiler and the IDs of the switches are read out in a different order.
Regards
Dieter

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

jeehell wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:30 pm You should be able to have several profilers if your PC can't handle the number of USBs.
Though they should all connect to a single instance of hardware connect which should idealy on FMGS server PC or eventually on the PC where you have most of the hardware.
But you should refrain from having multiple hardware connect, and ideally it would be a single PC with all skalarki hardware.
Hello Jean Luc,

it is as you describe it.
I use three PCs with the profiler.
All connect to the FMGS server. This setup is not a problem, as already written in the previous post.
Regards
Dieter

jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Could it be you have another hardware module installed that you don't need? In b58 there was a new option for home cockpits.fr, it might create issues if you installed it by mistake
Regards,
Jean Luc
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

jeehell wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:17 am Could it be you have another hardware module installed that you don't need? In b58 there was a new option for home cockpits.fr, it might create issues if you installed it by mistake
No, I don't have installed any module that I don't need.
Regards
Dieter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

dkreiskott wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:01 am The problem with the landing lights, if I understand you correctly, would mean that after you turn on ext power in the ECAM, the message about landing lights is also displayed?
that´s right, BUT it´s introduced by the 57 build of Jeehell. Never had that before. But it could be the newest profiler build aswell, because i have updated the Profiler same time when i start using Jeehell 57
dkreiskott wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:01 am This is a problem with the wiring of the switch. I suspect that there was a change in the profiler and the IDs of the switches are read out in a different order.
Well, in my opinion this is a problem of the profiler if the ID´s are read out different as before. It´s maybe better if we will inform Marcin about your finding.

Especially because, in my case, i only need to switch the LL-Switches (both) from off to on and back to off and the lights stay off and the ECAM message disappear aswell. From then on the switches act as usual as before, what mean, if i switch the LL to ON it does go on.
This shows me, that it´s just a little bug of the profiler, not read the correct state from the switch at startup.

By prinzip, this happened before with different switches, too. Michael and me have had it out of a sudden, that on startup the GPWS warnings where allways played like "tarrain, tarrain" "don´t sink" etc. The reason for that was just a wrong state read by the profiler for the GPWS switch on the CPT or FO EFIS panels.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Bernd,

I tried your tip regarding the TQ. In fact, following this order, the problem disappeared.
It actually seems illogical to me, since the TQ position is not saved either in the P3D or in the Jeehell software.

But no matter, the main thing is that it works properly again.
Thanks for your help.
Regards
Dieter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

dkreiskott wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:30 am Hi Bernd,

I tried your tip regarding the TQ. In fact, following this order, the problem disappeared.
It actually seems illogical to me, since the TQ position is not saved either in the P3D or in the Jeehell software.

But no matter, the main thing is that it works properly again.
Thanks for your help.
Hi Dieter, i´am very glad to hear that worked for you!
Regards
Bernd