FMAPS Error 10053

Ask here for software oriented support
dkreiskott

FMAPS Error 10053

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Jean Luc,

Sometimes I have the problem that my overhard is disconneted. Then I only see an error "FMAPS ERROR 10053"
The problem always occurs at the same moment. Whenever the APU is started and running up.
The EWD then only shows 115V, 0Hz at this moment the overhead is disconneted.
fmapserror.PNG
Regards
Dieter

A320 cockpit Prepar3d v5.4 with full voice control for ATC and ground crew
Developer of EWD Overlay and Home Cockpit Builder
jeehell
Site Admin

Re: FMAPS Error 10053

Post by jeehell »

Do you have an antivirus and/or firewall? If so can you disable them for testing purposes at least?
Regards,
Jean Luc
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Jean Luc,
I don't habe any Firewall or antivirus activ.
Regards
Dieter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

I have the same issue, still persists since V57. I can fly one or two legs without any issue, but then the Overhead app stops working. It´s in status "not responding".
Today i´ve made a leg from EDDF to LEBL and return from LEBL to EDDF. After landing at EDDF, when i start the APU, the Overhead stop working just in the moment when the Voltage stablised at 115 V and the HZ should run up, but the Hz stay at zero and the app crashes.
No firewall and no antivirus on my setup. The difference for me against Dieter´s is that my WideFMGS log seems normal. No FMAPS Error is shown.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi Bernd,

but I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Regards
Dieter

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi JL,

this morning it was time again, I started all the Home Cockpit PCs. Then I did the cockpit preparation and programmed the MCDU. When I then switched on the APU, it only showed me the V values again, but 0 Hz.
After that, the overhead was no longer operable. Ext Pwr was previously on.
Regards
Dieter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

dkreiskott wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:29 am Hi Bernd,

but I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I agree, Dieter. It´s allways better feeling if you´re not the one an only with a specific "feature". But nevertheless, at the end it´s a qantum of solace, only.

Have you allready tried, not to use the Skalarki OH, but instead the software OH of jeehell? If then the overhead logic crash aswell, it may would proof that the issue is an FMGS internal one of the app itself.
Regards
Bernd

P3D 6, I9-9900K overcl+ RTX3090 24GB, Skalarki Homecockpit + JH FMGS on a dedicated Server, AS/ASCA, EnVShade +Tex, PF3 + MCE, CorteManager + ExtPWR from CaptPERO, AIGAIM and many of add-on sceneries
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

For those with this issue, is it with a remote PC for FMGS server or it on P3D pc ?
Regards,
Jean Luc
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

I will add my name to the list. Just got the overhead disconnected issue (with B58, had it a couple of times prior with B57) while I was lining up for takeoff (so relatively early in the sim session). No errors on the WideFMGS log.
To answer Jean-Luc's question, in my case the FMGS Server runs on the same computer as P3D (and all Skalarki hardware, including the overhead, is connected to that computer as well).
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Any one without skalarki hardware having this issue?
Does the OVHD logic app crash?
Regards,
Jean Luc
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

>>> Does the OVHD logic app crash?
Yes, Task Manager shows "Not Responding"
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

I have FMGS-Server running on a extra PC seperate from P3D. All HW controllers are connected to that PC. The issue occurs the same way as for Thierry and also since the former version.
Regards
Bernd

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Hi JL,

yes, the overhead is connected (USB) on an remote pc (MIP)
There are the overhead and ECAM and THR LVR connected.
The ECAM and THR LVR works always.
And you know I use a FMGS Server PC.
Regards
Dieter

dkreiskott

Post by dkreiskott »

Today I had the error on a flight, but this time there was nothing in the log file.
Regards
Dieter

bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

JL, because positive things are worth to mention aswell, i have noticed that the overhead app has not crashed anymore with the newest build. I´ve made 4 legs in one long session and the overhead app was still running stable. Hopefully the issue is solved.
@dkreiskott: can you confirm the app doesn´t crash anymore?
Regards
Bernd

thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Unfortunately I just had my first crash of the overhead with B58.0.4. This was at the end of the second flight of the day. So the issue still seems to be present, at least for me.
michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

I've experienced connection losses a while ago, too (2021). Unfortunately the old Forum entries are lost to see, what I've done. But I've found my comments on the Skalarki forum:
https://www.skalarki-electronics.com/en ... light.html

Reading this, I remember that I've had a similar issue with a relais that I had installed for the Dome light (to have the switch position in line with the panel descriptions for medium and high intensity). It took me a while to figure out, that whenever I used the Dome Light switch, a few moments later, I had lost overhead connection. After removing the relais and also replacing the USB hub for the overhead with a more powerful one I had no more disconnects.

So maybe, this is hardware related...
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

Thanks for the additional information. In your case was the JeeHell Overhead app freezing (i.e. not responding)? I don't think the Skalarki overhead is actually disconnecting in my case. It is connected to an industrial USB hub. Also the problem seems to have started with a recent new version of JeeHell FMGS. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to systematically reproduce the issue.
bbruechmann

Post by bbruechmann »

I agree, that this issue seems not to be related to hardware. In my case nothing has changed on the hardware side when the issue appears first. The only change was a new build of Jeehell (it´s startet with B57). The hardware is also connected to that PC on which the FMGS-Server and Overheadlogic is running via an industrial USB hub with it´s own Power. In addition, i have setup the Motherboards, that all USB connectors are really switched off when i shut down the PC and all Hubs, USB-Hardware etc. has no power.

Thierry, have you tried to use the Jeehell Sofware-Overhead instead of the Harware one? If then the app crashes aswell it would prove that it´s not the Hardware causing this.
Regards
Bernd

michael1508

Post by michael1508 »

OK, I just thought I share.

Usually I am the one having issues, that nobody else has got. Concerning this one I don't have any issues. Let me know, if I can help with comparison of software settings or whatever.

Michael
Regards
Michael

P3D v5.4 | Skalarki | 3 projector 180° screen | i9-13900k | RTX 4080
thierryd

Post by thierryd »

bbruechmann wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:55 am Thierry, have you tried to use the Jeehell Sofware-Overhead instead of the Harware one? If then the app crashes aswell it would prove that it´s not the Hardware causing this.
I have not.

I did try the opposite though, as I was typically running the software overhead for some other debugging reasons (configuring Skalarki buttons) on another computer, and wanted to make sure that wasn't the source of the issue (i.e. having both hardware and software overhead running). Not running the software overhead in parallel did not make the problem go away unfortunately.