Ailerons and elevators disconnect

Ask here for software oriented support
Rafape

Ailerons and elevators disconnect

Post by Rafape »

Hello.

Does anyone else experience that on approach when I disconnect the autopilot neither the ailerons nor the elevators work?

The rest of the buttons, tiller, pedals, brakes, accelerator work perfectly for me.

Thank you!
Rafa Pedrero
Prepar 3D V3.4
gillesaqsim

Re: Ailerons and elevators disconnect

Post by gillesaqsim »

Hello Rafape,
juste an idea,
is this really related to APTO switch?
is the pb systematic? if yes, deactivate the APTO programming and do a test by removing the AP by pressing the AP1 button on the FCU, just to see if it still blocks. also have you wired the side stick priority LEDs? at home when I had the pb the light came on. therefore bad programming of the APTO buttons. at home it doesn't work with fmgs_config but it's ok with fsuipc. read post autopilot desengage.
thank you for your report
gilles
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

Hi,
for all,
you can see a new fonctionnality of b58.
now on the fmgs server PC there is a new controls.xml files which is "human readable", I like that! also I may have found the wolf. for identical button programming we have different settings:

<SW.10>
<push swID="664" swDirection="1"/>
<release swID="664" swDirection="2"/> here PTT seem ok with "2"
</SW.10>
<SW.12>
<push swID="452" swDirection="1"/>
<release swID="452" swDirection="1"/> here Pedal disc don't work with "1" Why 1 yet i put release event !
</SW.12>
i 'll change "1" by "2" asap on sim to test it and repply you
Rafape

Post by Rafape »

Thank's Gillesaqsim.

The error in the last few weeks is systematic. I always run out of aileron and elevator controls only.
Rafa Pedrero
Prepar 3D V3.4
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

have you see this and read my post completely?
<SW.10>
<push swID="664" swDirection="1"/>
<release swID="664" swDirection="2"/> here PTT seem ok with "2"
</SW.10>
<SW.12>
<push swID="452" swDirection="1"/>
<release swID="452" swDirection="1"/> here Pedal disc don't work with "1" Why 1 yet i put release event !
</SW.12>
identify your switch number of APTO with JOY.exe appli windows, after this number do minus 1 (-1) to have the corespondance to CONTROLS.XML SW.
as SW.12 correspond to switch n°13 (circle red in JOY.EXE ). i don't know the swID= of apto because i use fsuipc controls offset 78ED.
this evening i will test to change the 1 in 2 and back tomorrow.
Gilles
Rafape

Post by Rafape »

Thank you very much Gillesaquim.

Yes, I've read it, and it's definitely the OK button assignment. I am going to try to deactivate the APTO and change the number of the assignment. All joysticks are connected to the main CPU, and only ailerons and elevator fail me. The rest if it still works for me.

I will keep you informed ;)
Rafa Pedrero
Prepar 3D V3.4