Adding Airport to JeeHell NavData

The place to discuss non support related software stuff (new features requests, explanation on functionalities)
Capt. PERO

Adding Airport to JeeHell NavData

Post by Capt. PERO »

JeeHell AIR will participate the VATSIM Worldflight this year and therefore we needed to add a missing airport in the JeeHell NavData. After some research I wrote a short blog post on my website.

But Guido has informed me that there is a much smarter way to add airport PERSISTANT to JeeHell NavData without need to redo this after every AIRAC update. I will sum up all information that I found in the old forum and we may continue the "old tradition" to forward develop a file that keeps missings airports to the NavData.

How it works:
- Copy the "additional.txt" to your ".\A320FMGS\navdata\navdata1\" folder on the SERVER computer
- Recreate your NavData as usual

The "addition.txt" contains several information of the new airports like "runway entries", "airport entries" and maybe "ILS entries". The format looks like this (see orignal post):

Code: Select all

PG|ARPT identifier|ICAO code|RWY|length|DTHR|width|latitude|longitude|elevation|mag bearing|LLZ ID|LLZ category|
You need one PG per runway direction.

But you also need one entry for the airport alone, this is a PA entry and looks like:
PA|ARPT identifier|ICAO code|latitude|longitude|elevation|speed limit|speed limit alt|transition alt|name|

And you may need one entry per ILS as well, the PI entries:
PI|ARPT identifier|ICAO code|LLZ ID|category|frequency|RWY|LLZ latitude|LLZ longitude|LLZ mag brg|GS latitude|GS longitude|GS angle|GS elevation|STN DEC|
I give this a "restart" and take the latest "additional.txt" of the old forum and added SCGC. :D
additional.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Capt. PERO on Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder
thierryd

Re: Adding Airport to JeeHell NavData

Post by thierryd »

Very nice. It looks like the file even has the old approach into Queenstown (NZQN), famous for this video:
Thierry (aka Captain Tango) | Website: https://www.flightpathsimulation.club | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@captaintango
Capt. PERO

AIRAC Update with additional.txt

Post by Capt. PERO »

Due to the AIRAC update yesterday, I have to add that the additional.txt is deleted during the update. This means that it is best to save a copy in a different location and then carry out the update in this way:

1) AIRAC update
2) Create .bin files
3) Copy additional.txt to "navdata1" and, if desired, "navdata2"
4) Create .bin files again (now the additional.txt remains)

Since you probably don't need the additional.txt that often, this shouldn't be a problem.

https://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showth ... post160430
Viele Grüße / with best regards,
Peter

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder