Speed Tape Approach AC becomes unflyable

Ask here for software oriented support
SimStar

Speed Tape Approach AC becomes unflyable

Post by SimStar »

Hi JL,

I did make a full clean installation of windows 111, prepar3D v5.3 as well as B61.3.9.
I have the following problem:

During approach on slowing down the aircraft and extending the flaps, speed tape shows some strange things and AC becomes more and more unflyable.
From flaps position 3 to full speedtape shows a very closely range. The aircraft seems to fall down with angle of attack 10° and sinkrate of 1500ft and more.

I dont know what is going wrong or if I did something wrong here. But this problem I have since 4 or 5 weeks now.
Any ideas what is going wrong here?

Best Regards

Marco
processed-BCFFD930-F475-4E9E-8B72-43EB6042C007.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balu69

Re: Speed Tape Approach AC becomes unflyable

Post by balu69 »

Hello Marco
Do you perhaps use FSHud?
I've had the problem twice before that the plane couldn't be flown with the same symptoms as yours.
Even though FSHud certainly doesn't pass any control commands, I'm not sure whether the performance drops somehow and this triggers the uncontrolled behavior
This may be a possible variant...
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
SimStar

Post by SimStar »

Hi Stephan, I don't use it. Thanks you
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

The most likely cause is simpatcher not declared properly or crashing at some point.
Regards,
Jean Luc
balu69

Post by balu69 »

When I had this problem, I was in the SimpatchLog.txt checked and found no problem - last entry was still "Tables found"
how could this be fixed in flight? Can I restart simpatcher.exe or is the flight over?
Greetings
Stephan

P3D V5.4, Skalarki FCU, MCDU, RMP, ECAM, TCAS, own OVH-Panel and MIP with Leo Bodnar and Arduino, Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder
P.S. translate by google
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Is the date of the file from the day you are flying or from before reinstalling?
Regards,
Jean Luc
balu69

Post by balu69 »

When I start P3D, I wait until the entry "Simpatcher..." and "Airfile OK" appear under "Add-On". I then open the SimpatchLog.txt and check whether there are no further entries after “Tables found”.
The date is then from the current flight
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
SimStar

Post by SimStar »

Ok I checked and all seems to be ok. I will attach the log files.
JL please tell me exactly what to check (files, folders, entries...) so that I can be sure that all is installed properbly.

Thanks.
Regards Marco

SimpatchLog.zip
FMGSserverLog.zip
Screenshot 2024-05-03 163017.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balu69

Post by balu69 »

Hi Marco
From my point of view, the entry “Simpatcher B61.3” and “Air file OK” are missing.
But these only come about 2 - 3 minutes later. after starting the P3D
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
jeehell
Site Admin

Post by jeehell »

Your screenshot and log do not show simpatcher working, as balu says you may need to wait a bit longer for that to be conclusive
Regards,
Jean Luc
SimStar

Post by SimStar »

Ok so now the questiin why simpatcher ist working?
Where I have to insert it manually?
balu69

Post by balu69 »

in the file ...\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\add-ons.cfg
do you have the entry
PATH=...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\jeehell
Active=True
REQUIRED=false
and in the folder ...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\jeehell a file add-on.xml and in this file a entry for the simpatcher.dll and with the right path?
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google
gillesaqsim

Post by gillesaqsim »

also if all informations given by Stephan are OK ? You can change: the sleepTime=3000 by 180000 in x:\A320FMGS\Simpatch\simpatchConfig.ini
this give more time to start....
Good week-end at all.
Gilles
SimStar

Post by SimStar »

Thank you guys. all paths were correct so I did changed starting delay to 180000. This seems to work now. thank you
balu69

Post by balu69 »

I think I've solved my problem.
I created two folders for my own aircraft (one with sharklets and one without) in the ...\A320FMGS\Aircraft folder. This way I don't have to restore all the aircraft after every update, but can just adjust the Aircraft.cfg.
It seems that JeanLuc adjusted the CLEAN.air file when updating to B61.1.xx (change date 03/29/2024). I hadn't noticed this.
Now I've overwritten the existing file in my folders with this one and my first test flight worked perfectly!
Greetings
Stephan

P.S. translate by google